Repülőgép! Airplane! Umm at least that's what I think it is. The language thing, we're still barely scratching the surface. We were simultaneously en/discouraged when we watched An American Rhapsody, a truly lovely film about a Hungarian-American family. We could pick up some words, but they speak so very fast that we're nervous. Hopefully our efforts will be enough to endear ourselves to the Hungarians--at least enough so that they'll help us learn more!
Anyway, repülőgép! We booked our plane tickets last night through the wonderful people over at STA Travel and it's all starting to feel even more real. We'll be leaving JFK at 6:00pm on August 20, arriving in Zurich for a (relatively) short layover, and then on to Budapest by 2:00pm August 21. I'm not really looking forward to packing, but I just got some new luggage at TJ Maxx so hopefully it won't be too bad. They have a fantastic selection for at least half off of everything--I tried to pick the biggest bags with the least amount of initial weight. Cannot afford to pay any overages, so maybe I'll have to weigh everything before hand. It's criminal how much they charge.
During our zealous morning of shopping, we also bought a Let's Go Eastern Europe (On A Budget) book, totally forgetting that we already bought one. That's how excited we are. These books are fantastic, with all kinds of great ideas for day trips and other itineraries, plus it's written by young, budget-friendly writers who tell it like it is. Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment