20 June 2009

miscellany, lies

Okay kids, maybe Burke won't be joining us as soon as expected. He was all about it one day, then opposed again the next. I think he's nervous that his entries will be laaaame. I told him I wouldn't post them if they were, but he has yet to contribute. So, moving on. We sent in our visa applications along with our passports, which makes me totally nervous because now we don't have them anymore! I've had to go through a battery of shots and blood work that left me feeling like a pincushion so that my doctor could write a letter saying that I have no communicable diseases--I don't! Hooray! I'm hoping to get a hold of the CETP director soon so that I can find out about the dress code at our school. There have been some great sales on winter-y, office-y attire but I don't want to buy until I know for sure that jeans, for example, aren't allowed.

CETP 2009-2010 has started a facebook group as well, which is cool, cause it allows us to see other people on our trip. The group represents a pretty wide variety of demographics which is awesome. I'm really excited to meet the other teachers, some of whom actually have experience teaching in Hungary, so hopefully we can soak up their wisdom. The discussion board is also a great feature--people are bringing up topics that I've been confused about and it's nice to know we're not alone in this process.

Also--today is June 20, exactly 2 months before we depart. 8 weeks, that's it! It's totally insane to think about. I'm headed to Maine in just 9 days, which is fantastic, but there's lots to do here between now and then. Overwhelming. At least the cubicle-dwelling job is over--it's given me a lot of free time!

No comments:

Post a Comment