So lots of things have happened since I last posted! I gave my two weeks notice at my current job, and my boss was really cool with everything. She even brought up a map of Hungary to ask me about where I was living, where I wanted to travel, etc. It's been a really supportive work environment, but it was nerve-wracking to actually quit my first real job. I'm relieved now and happy to have it behind me.
On Saturday, we got our "igazolás," which basically means "acknowledgement," in the legal sense, from the Hungarian ministry of education. This came complete with the name of our school, which I'm going to work on learning how to pronounce tonight: Eötvös József Gimnázium. It's a high school located at 6723 Szeged Csongor tér 1, which I think means Csongor Square. I think the first number is kind of like the zip code. There's a great website that lists all the schools in Szeged, as well as helpful information about the sights, restaurants, transportation, etc etc. They have a translate to English function which is fantastic because my Hungarian is seriously lacking. Tonight Burke and I are going to finish up our residence permit visa application, since we now have the pertinent information about the school, and try to study Hungarian a bit more diligently, if for no other reason than to read the igazolás. Check this bad boy out:



No comments:
Post a Comment