21 May 2009

hetvege!

Okay, someone is going to have to tell me how to make accents. All my Hungarian is wrong! Like, even more incorrect than usual! Hetvege (all the e's have accents) is weekend in Hungarian, and here in America, it's Memorial Day weekend! Hungary is still a ways off, so in the meantime, I'm headed to the best place I know for about 5 days. There's nothing on topic about this post, it's mostly an excuse to kill the 40 minutes I have before I can leave work, and to talk for a quick sec about my favorite location, a tiny island off the coast of Maine that I call home for a few months out of the year. Except now that I'm thinking about it, I really don't want to say too much, because every time the island gets publicity--ha, like this blog is publicity--but seriously you guys, I get upset. The best part about the island is its remoteness, and also my own personal connection to it. I saw a brief write-up about it in December's Vogue and almost had a heart attack. That said, here's a picture of my house!


Burke is coming this weekend, and so hopefully we can be diligent about our Hungarian (I brought the book!) but we'll see. It's easy to get distracted by boats and the ocean and people I haven't seen and lobster and scooters and reacquainting myself with the whole place after 9 long months away. Don't expect a post until Tuesday. Oh, stop crying. Szia!

No comments:

Post a Comment