16 July 2009

tartózkodási vizúm

So happy--I won't be an illegal alien when I get to Hungary. They finally sent my passport back to me, complete with a tartózkodási vizúm! (I hope that means residency visa. Who knows.) I haven't actually seen it yet, but Burke, who has been kindly checking on my mail for me, assures me that it looks very official and totally sweet. Obviously. I'm kind of a psycho about my passport because of the Australia debacle of January 2008, in which my passport was stolen at LAX when we were en route to Sydney. On New Year's Eve. Seriously. It was horrible, and while I eventually was able to make it down there after doing battle with passport services in LA and spending some quality time with family friends in Santa Monica, the experience taught me a very valuable lesson--guard your passport with your life. So not worth the time and money that it takes to replace it. You can imagine how I felt when I had to put my passport in the hands of the US Postal Service. Yeesh. Hopefully, Burke will send me a picture of what the visa looks like so I can post it here. UPDATE: See pic above!

In other news, things have been going very well out here. I'm over caring about the people who just don't get it, which is nice, and settling in with 4 children that I watch for about 6 hours daily. 3 boys--an almost 2 year old, a 6 year old, and an 8 year old. Then there's the little girl--almost 4--And when it's my birthday Anna, I'm going to be 4 and that's my favorite number and that's your favorite number, too! Riiiiight? And we're going to be princesses and it's going to be so fun!--that's seriously how she talks. Amazing! The family is awesome and it's been a lot of fun. They do things like kayak and swim and play baseball, and it's great to be outside and be active.

No comments:

Post a Comment