05 August 2009

final countdown / lungfest

So today is August 5. We leave in 15 days! Ahhh! I'm still in Maine, which I feel guiltier about by the minute--I keep thinking of everything that I have to organize before we leave and feel that I've taken my natural abilities to procrastinate to a new level by staying up here so long. I'm not working anymore, and I'm trying to enjoy the calm before the storm of arriving home and running around like a madman. I mean, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. I'm definitely actively enjoying it. There have been some very fun moments with people that I absolutely adore and won't see again for a while. I'm lucky to be able to come here once a year and see everyone that I love in one place, as long as their vacations overlap with mine. These are some of my favorite people ever at Lungfest 2009, an amazing one day music festival that's been happening at a park on the island for the last 5 years. Every year it gets bigger and more fun--the bands are amazing, the weather has been consistently fantastic, the dance party is ridiculous. This Lungfest was my favorite yet. Here's a video of the Toughcats, a local/fantastic bluegrass band, covering Bette Davis Eyes--this will give you an idea of what the festival is all about. Seriously, one of the best nights I've had in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment